Thursday, November 8, 2007

Dead man walking

The next time the Khan comes, I burn Moscow.
The next time I see three in a row
I jump
I have outgrown
my life
The next time the wheel comes
I crack
The next time the owl hoots
the candle dies
and the cat leaves
I'm checkin' out.
--------------------

Tomorrow, I will be a quantum resonator. I will encode,
everything that has happened to me, every memory, every perceptron state
change.
Shine a light through me and see
the ME-bius transformations.
I will be a mindful resonator, not the
crocodile I was today.

---------------------------------

What is the difference between causality and correlation? We make no such distinction in programming. They are the same. Except - - the real causality: the fact that EVERY TIME this bit is set this way, and this bit is set this way, and, ....., and this final bit is set this way, every time it is exactly like this.......
tHIS HAPPENs!
but not exactly causality,
because
thiS HAPpEns! could happen too
------------------------------------------


And who is to blame for all your troubles? Why, your comrades.

This new religion of yours,
"Diagnosis"
how's it working for you?
Are you happier now?
Deeper, cooler, sexier, wiser,
better off?
Follow the time rivers.
Where does all this attention go?
Who benefits?

THis new religion of yours,
"Looking good"
How's it working for you?
Feel confident now, do you?
Yeah, you look great. You must work out.
Do you mind if I
just have a
look
in your
mouth?
(Do you have papers?)

This new religion of yours,
"Work"
Feel worthy yet?
Pulling your own wait?
How's that layaway life working out,
when do you have it payed off?
------------------------------------------------

The guy is talking about his Home Theater. The consumer version of what movie stars and other people at the top have. Everyone chimes in, talking about special cables, and how much they cost, and how elaborate and expensive it is. It gets all mixed up in my head. Did someone say something about an Asp? No, I don't know what it is like to shit gold. Gold dust when you wipe, that must be very elegant. Blue cables on the left, orange down the middle, through the beam, but that's where you put the ambient speaker. I see the puppeteer's feet below the stage. The masks fall and I see old men crying. And on their faces:
grey line
connected to
grey line
wired together
for this sad, sad,
play.

No comments: