Monday, December 3, 2007

Who am I to teach?
Who am I to say?
Only of the things
I'd go back and change
Only of the things I wish
I'd learned sooner
Only to wretches worse
off than me
Or those that, like
me, will soon be

Who am I to be this self-documenting
experiment
To fill the already full with me?


This is deliberate;
you think naive?

Study the coincidences
read them like a book

If there is one allegory then all
is allegory
If there is survival of the fittest
there are also better generations
If there is one love
then all is love
Death is the
absence of love
not breath

--------------------------------------------------

Egocentric religions and belief systems

So many religious, ethical, metaphysical/spiritual belief systems seem to be in terms of the gains for the participant.
Be good, you go to heaven, your prayers are answered, ...
Think positively and you'll get what you want, it will be attracted to you, ....

We could just as easily include, slit a chickens throat, mix the blood with toad slime, ...., and you get, whatever you desire

People then try to balance the equation subject to the constraint, they get whatever the big payoff is - they can say, "I can't help that man, it's against the law, if I break the law, I'll go to hell." The greediest for deferred rewards of course are the most pious, they have huge investments to protect - mansions in heaven -

There's not much in popular culture about trying to become good with no thought of rewards or punishments. Even Buddhism gets contorted into some final payoff.
Suppose you could be overjoyed every time you could help someone. You'd have a constant source of joy.
How is it that self-interest has become so pervasive?

If you are conned often enough
on the great road
you will stop trusting strangers
there are only strangers after this

If you are lied to often enough
on the great road
you will look for the
truth behind what is being said
there is only deafness after this

If you are cheated often enough
on the great road
you will learn the value
of things
there is only commerce after this

If you suffer often enough
on the great road
you will come to
love simplicity

No comments: