Sunday, April 15, 2007

What this blog is about (for now)

I believe the universe has all of the truth in it.

There is no "human" truth that is not already present in the lessons of reality. Every fact is a lesson, every type of fact is a theory and every constant is a principle, if we just look.

I realize that where I am is an evolving point in time-and-understanding, and that where I'm at, is not necessarily where you're at.
Years ago, I was at this conference and was thinking I was pretty hot. So I go to the bathroom and I'm standing there at the urinal and I see that someone had written something, like people do, usually something obscene, or "for a good time call..." - but this said:



I was you

It really hit me. That's something I would definitely be able to say to my self-from-ten-years-earlier...and ten years from now be able to say it to me now! - woah - I am the dumb previous self of me ten years from now....so through a glass darkly - but at least if not awake, waking up. Excellent adventure! Excellent!










Anyway, how to locate yourself in some type of consciousness space?
Here's what I'm starting with - if the (intuited) gradient of where you are is pointing at something like (could be a different topic or subject type as long as it's about the same level of complexity) carefully re-listening to the entire set of recordings that Miles Davis made with John Coltrane in order to understand details about the mechanics of mastery, (kind of like, "...you might be a redneck."), then you might be a neighbor.

If you are working to really understand what other fields have to teach you about understanding the most most advanced aspects of your field, then you might just be a neighbor. Basically, I'm saying, if we think our gradients are similar enough in terms of consciousness (with respect to increase in complexity) - then we're at (roughly) the same abstract point in space. I expect the terrain to be similar in complexity and diverse in phenomena.


Now if you can say "I was you" to me - I would love to hear from you - what's it like up there? What am I missing? How much time have I got doc?

Here are some more terms that seem to be highly relevant in this neck of the woods:

Consciousness and Reality.
The relevance of systems theory, computer science, math, physics, biology, chemistry,...., fine art, literature, ..., history, sociology, psychology, cultural anthropology, ... in daily conscious life.
Responsibility and morality as conscious acts.
Ontology, epistemology, and metaphysics.
Digital physics and digital philosophy.
The singularity.
Consciousness and Reality.

Here are some cool links
Quantum Consciousness
Stream of Consciousness
Universe as Computer

And of course, fractals are everywhere. I may even be you at a different angle of magnification.

The recursion is stated finitely and runs indefinitely. So cool, so deep....

No comments: